It’s kind of hard to explain.

So, I haven’t blogged for over a week now. For good reason. There were several things happening at once, and as they were unfolding, I actually wasn’t sure what I could write about and what to not write about. So I didn’t write anything.
Now that it’s all been resolved, there are some things I can share, and I’ll resume with my recaps of how days 15 and onward went.

Here’s what you need to know:

-I/the project faced a super huge challenge that I can’t exactly go into detail about. But it made us not able to do anything for a couple days.

-I spent last Monday and Tuesday praying about it. I had a couple friends praying about it. I had peace. God came through. It was resolved. 

-I made my final visit to Hwata! Soap was delivered. I bonded with my students one time. They told me how they want to be pilots and lawyers and doctors. Sweet Norma, a form 4 student, she wants to be a doctor.

-The plans have been laid for the water tank/running water to be installed (the project WILL continue even after I return to the US this week)

-Once the water is installed, they’ll set up irrigation for the garden! It’ll grown even bigger than it is, and will have the school move toward sustainability.

-We’ve commissioned a couple local carpenters to start creating bookshelves for the library. Part of the project was to raise money for urgently needed school supplies, books, and learning materials. Those will be purchased in the coming days.

All in all, this has been a successful mission trip.

I leave behind and incredibly capable team, individuals who know how to get the job done.

I fly out of Zim tomorrow.

I don’t feel like I’m ready to go, though…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *